The Email Deliverability Analyst provides operational support for the WhatCounts Delivery team. The Analyst monitors, identifies, and resolves system issues related to email deliverability.
- Review system metrics including bounce and complaint rates to identify delivery issues
- Implement and maintain whitelist and FBL agreements with major ISPs
- Monitor IP reputation and blacklist status daily
- Communicate with ISPs and blacklist providers as needed to remediate system delivery issues
- Investigate and address client delivery issues escalated from the Technical and Services teams
- Provide general best practice advice for internal and external customers
- Help Onboarding clients build and maintain a positive sending reputation as part of the SmartStart Plus/Delivery Plus programs
- Provide assistance to Onboarding team for delivery-related issues during onboarding process
- Work in partnership with internal teams, e.g., Account Managers, Dev, IT and Sales Teams, to help raise the visibility of deliverability within WhatCounts, and be of assistance to these various groups as they interact with prospects and customers.
- Support product development team as they improve deliverability functionality within the platform.
Qualifications / Requirements
- A tech-savvy person who can dig deep to find problems – a passion for analysis and troubleshooting is a must!
- A minimum of 1 year experience in large scale email operations (sender, ESP, or receiver)
- Advanced knowledge of email authentication (SPF, DKIM, DMARC) and other technological factors affecting email delivery
- Strong understanding of ISP/domain-specific delivery policies such as spam scoring heuristics and bounce handling rules
- Proven track record of building and maintaining whitelisting and feedback loops with ISPs
- Working knowledge of SMTP protocol and DNS
- Self-directed and self-motivated; Must be able to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of best practices for email creation, sending, list building and list management
- Experience using 3rd-party delivery tools (Return Path, Pivotal Veracity) is a plus