This position is currently filled.
- Can you juggle flaming chainsaws while making your own espresso, writing a blog post, dodging bullets, and tweeting the entire experience seamlessly?
- Do you have an eye for beautiful design, a pen for heart-warming marketing copy, and a soul that’s unshakeable no matter how tight the deadline is?
If the answer to these questions is a resounding “YES”, then WhatCounts wants to hire you right now as an Inbound Marketing Coordinator. You’ll be at the vanguard of an exciting career in producing world-class content and helping grow the WhatCounts business from great to mind-blowingly amazing.
The final test is this: do you believe and live these values?
- Customer Value: your customers come first and foremost.
- Urgent Ownership: when a problem arises, you rush to own it and fix it before anyone else – even before the customer realizes it’s a problem.
- Unyielding Quality: you make mistakes but never repeat them.
- Team Value: you put the team’s success ahead of your own, recognizing that when we work together, we all prosper.
If you live these values, we want to hear from you right now.
What you should be able to do
Candidates without these attributes or skills will not be considered.
- You must be intimately familiar with social networks and social media best practices on Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Twitter, and YouTube. You must also be fluent in using WordPress.
- You must be able to write outstanding, compelling marketing copy at a pace of 2,000 words per day. (approximately 2 lengthy blog posts) Outstanding copy is something that has been widely shared and positively commented on, not something filled with meaningless corporate lingo.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is mandatory, with a focus on journalism, writing, or content creation.
- You must be a dedicated team player who plays well with others.
- You must be able to identify actual priorities and be productive. You must also be able to skillfully say no to things that are not aligned with your business priorities.
- You must be highly motivated and self-directed. If you don’t know the answer, you are relentless about Googling it until you know the answer better than anyone else.
Above all else, you have to believe in what we do and approach your work with frightening zealotry. You have to not only drink the Kool-Aid, you have to manufacture it and love it. Signs that you’re this person? You’re in the office extra early. You drink a lot of coffee. You always get it done on time, on budget, and to or above expectations. You talk about your work positively and publicly outside of work and without being asked. In fact, if your teammates, relatives, and friends have to ask you to shut up and stop talking about work when you’re enjoying your leisure time, then you’ve got the right personality for this job.
Highly Desirable Additional Skills
Candidates with experience in these areas will be given preference in consideration.
- You must be familiar with the process and production of webinars and online events.
- You must be familiar with email marketing. You don’t have to be an expert, but you have to have at least done an email campaign for a company or client in the past so that you know the general process and idea.
- Prior experience with Salesforce.com, Google Analytics, email marketing software, and social media management tools is highly desirable.
- The ability to understand and write code in PHP or MySQL would be highly desirable as well.
What you will be doing
You’ll report to the Director of Inbound Marketing, Christopher Penn, and suffer interminably under his management style of “here’s what to do, tell me when it’s done, ask questions if you have any, and oh, it’s due yesterday”.
You’ll be managing the daily social media publishing for WhatCounts and representing the team publicly, working closely with other departments, writing until your fingers bleed, managing to an extensive content production schedule, and crushing deadlines mercilessly. You’ll also produce webinars, write books, guest post, work with other media personalities, coordinate schedules, manage plans, and generally help make WhatCounts a content juggernaut.
You’ll also be the jack of all trades, master of some, be asked to do all kinds of seemingly unrelated, crazy tasks, some of which are excruciatingly boring but deeply necessary, so flexibility and agility are must-have skills.
How your success will be measured
- Inbound marketing lead generation to quotas.
- Support other WC employees in achieving corporate, department, and office goals.
- Complete required development and training objectives for continuous learning and position enhancement.
What we will pay
We’ll pay you money and benefits, of course, commensurate with experience and performance. But more importantly, this is a stepping-stone career move if you’re interested in a career in digital marketing, because you’ll get a chance to learn the WhatCounts method for growing a business.
You’ll work with a team of entrepreneurs and innovators who, if you are inquisitive and open to learning, will teach you all about blowing up a business, led by our CEO, Allen Nance, one of the top 40 under 40 CEOs as named by Georgia Trend magazine. You’ll report directly to the person that Forbes Magazine named one of the top 50 most influential people in social media, as well as a professor and lead subject matter expert on social media for a reputable university.
Think of this job as less of a 9-to-5 and more of a grad school education on cutting edge digital marketing. If you learn fast and are good at what you do, you’ll be incredibly successful with WhatCounts.
How to Apply
At a minimum, you must apply with your LinkedIn profile and a link to your personal blog and/or writing portfolio. Applications lacking either will not be considered.