This position is currently filled.
- Do you love a great challenge?
- Has anyone ever described you as that girl or guy who could sell ice to polar bears?
- Do you love helping people solve problems?
If the answer to these questions is a resounding "YES", then WhatCounts wants to hire you right now as a Business Development Manager. You’ll spend your days helping people become clients of WhatCounts so that they can find and grow their email marketing ROI.
The final test is this: do you believe and live these values?
- Customer Value: your customers come first and foremost.
- Urgent Ownership: when a problem arises, you rush to own it and fix it before anyone else – even before the customer realizes it’s a problem.
- Unyielding Quality: you make mistakes but never repeat them.
- Team Value: you put the team’s success ahead of your own, recognizing that when we work together, we all prosper.
If you live these values, we want to hear from you right now.
What you should be able to do
- A proven sales hunter and closer.
- Minimum 3-5 years software sales experience; Track record of sales
- Articulate and persuasive oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast pace, rapid change
- Superior professional presence and business acumen.
- Direct marketing experience a plus.
What you will be doing
Summary: The Business Development Manager drives revenue for WhatCounts. As someone who represents WhatCounts and owns sales opportunities the person will be a self starter who can build a pipeline of opportunities and close.
- Create and Drive revenue.
- Build a pipeline through prospecting and cold-calling.
- Manage inbound leads that are generated by the marketing team.
- Meet and exceed all quarterly and annual sales quotas.
- Own the sales cycle – from lead generation to closure.
- Actively use salesforce.com to manage sales process.
- Generate leads from tradeshows and regional networking events.
How your success will be measured
- Closed sales.
- Support other WC employees in achieving corporate, department, and office goals.
- Complete required development and training objectives for continuous learning and position enhancement.
What we will pay
Base salary with commissions per sale commensurate with experience and execution